Thursday, March 6, 2014

School vacation

Spring break is next week, and I am very excited! Not that I am traveling, I will work all week normally. The reason is because I will be off from school and this will be my first Spring Break! In Brazil the school year is different from America. It usually starts on February and goes until November, with two break seasons. The first one is in July, and the second one is in December and January, which comprehend the whole month(s) in both cases. The reason being for these dates, is because July is winter in Brazil and the population is not used or prepared for staying much outside in the cold weather. While in December and January, is Christmas and New Year’s season, besides being summer time.
In America, the school year starts in September and finishes in July, also with two breaks. The first one is Spring break, which students stay home for a week. The second one is the summer vacation, which starts in July and ends in August. On Spring break –as the name says by itself- spring starts, and students have a break to enjoy the warmer weather. While in July and August, they enjoy themselves during all the summer season. Spring break will be enjoyable to have some fun, finish belated works, study or just relax. And the most important: Celebrate the end of cold winter season! 



2 comments:

  1. I bet school and seasons here are definitely an adjustment for you! I personally would lie to have summer be December and January especially because my birthday lies during that time. I hope you were able to relax more during your break than I was!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great to have some time off in December and January! Christmas and New Year's for me were always a synonym of vacation! It would be great for you there, you would be able to spend your birthday off! :)

      Delete